Well some of these movers and shakers in the land of magazines has been a long time coming. Some of these moves you may have heard about, some may be new news and all you must hear about because I said so.
So where have the dice landed for some lucky mag hags this time around?
- Natalie Shukur has been named as the new Editor of RUSSH, stepping up from being their Fashion News & Features Editor.
- Former Cosmopolitan editor, Sarah Wilson, is just about to start a new social/trend column in The Daily Telegraph (or was it the Sunday Tele?) as well her fabulous freelance writing work.
- Former Total Girl editor, Sarah Cornish moves up to be Girlfriend’s new Editor while Amanda Taylor fills her shoes at TG. This is all because former GF ed, Sarah Oakes is moving on to be EIC of Cleo.
- Notebook finally has a new editor in the form of former Australian Women’s Weekly managing editor, Caroline Roessler (their first editor left mid last year, while their second editor never even set foot in their office!), while Suzanne Wangmann is their new Beauty Director after the mag went months without any experienced beauty editors.
- Speaking of the flower covered women’s lifestyle magazine (think AWW but with less ads), their founder, Michael McHugh just launched his new title, Mindfood, with his own publishing company based in Auckland and Sydney.
And of course to state the obvious:
- Kerrie McCallum is leaving her editorship of Shop Til You Drop to move to InStyle (former Ed, Nicky Briger is now at Who).
- Alison Veness-McGourty is leaving the doing-better-than-Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, to be EIC of the soon-to-be-launched Grazia Australia, while Jamie Huckbody, the former Bazaar European Fashion New Director, will take over.
- Oh yeah, Kerry Parnell, executive editor of Marie Claire, is suspected of moving on to head the soon-to-be-launched Australian Glamour. Which gives me hope for the title.
Don’t forget to let us know what you hear around the traps by leaving a comment (you can be anonymous if you choose to be) on posts or on our contact page!