Much has happened since my last masthead shake ups, we’ve finally had a comment from a magazine staffer who’s given us her name and title, you all mentioned you hated seeing “old news” in the form of a Cleo TV ad from like, the nineties, and… well other stuff.
So, before Australian Fashion Week kicks off in about a week, do you want to know what’s been going on in the world of magazines? Of course you do my lovelies.
- On top of the news pile today is that Harper’s Bazaar has a new Beauty Director to replace Zoe Foster (who decamped to go to IDMco to launch Primped.com.au, as reported by yours truly – where the company recently parted ways with their old CEO by the way). Her name is Eugenie Kelly, former Deputy Editor; her new title is Associate Editor / Beauty Director. Boy the beauty beat at Bazaar has been a merry-go-round lately, perhaps the girls get sick of all the high end advertiser requests? I wonder if they will hire a beauty writer / assistant to help Ms Kelly out… Any one want to volunteer?
- Kate Harrowsmith has been promoted from InStyle to be Marie Claire’s Fashion Editor. What, she’s lLeaving just as Kerrie Alcorn starts her reign? Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed all the ads for new InStyle staffers? Where are they all going? At least their part time Fashion Assistant has been made a full timer, finally.
- And according to a MagHag source, YEN’s editor, Kristy Bradley has recently resigned. This follows news of two advertorial staff leaving in the past six months – both of whom have not yet been replaced.
- Former Shop Til You Drop staffer, Annie Fox, has resurfaced after many revivals at Fairfax’s TheVine.com.au – she’ll be the Editor-In-Chief as well as their contact for travel, beauty and sport. Wow, all the good beats to cover for free products, free travel opportunities and free tickets to major sporting events. Well her other half would be please.
- New Woman’s former Entertainment Editor, Katherine Barnes, has been given a position at TV Week. Apparently it’s something to do with being an Assistant Editor of News.